For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

5 Years ago . . .

A burden that hovered over me the past four years ended a few months back. My new freedom was a joyful event, but it has taken me many weeks to find myself (again).


Today I find myself in a small city in Virginia, where Greg and I are staying at a lovely Hampton Inn. This was to be a work trip for Greg, but when I expressed a desire to tag along, we added stops in Philly to visit his daughter and a two-day romp around D.C. before arriving at Greg's work destination yesterday.


Being on my own, away from home, brings back memories of the way life felt to me six years ago, before cancer took over the second time.


I stumbled across my blog this morning, quite by accident, after abandoning it in 2012. I'm considering taking it up again. It's been visited an average of 23 times a week during my absense. My software claims those 23 visits are after the spam was scooped into a folder of its own.That amazes me. I wonder what search words brought people here.


And what would bring people back if I started publishing again?

3 comments:

  1. I think the fact that you are interesting and a good writer would bring people back if you started publishing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you back! But I have to point out your post just now is a bit obscure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get your blog in my email. I would enjoy reading your thoughts again!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.