For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Making up for lost time


My last post promised I'd be back to tell you about my psychological journey that began almost a year ago now, but with each passing day I feel less of a need to go back there, so . . . let's hope this is the last mention of breast cancer for this ol' girl. I'm back to feeling completely healthy and looking forward to a retreat near Viroqua at the end of April, the Fuehrer Cousins Reunion in Milladore at the end of June, and the 4-5 week trip Greg and I have planned for July-August.

I was going to post a picture of my new curly hair, but it's still freaking me out (even though I've been through it before) and I'm taken aback every time I pass a mirror or window reflection. So instead you get this picture of our house and our two black vehicles of varying size. And notice the sunshine. We're being spoiled by an early spring (70s and 80s) after almost no winter. So not only did I emerge feeling good after ten months of sickness/anxiety/pain, but the seasons changed as well!

I'm still reveling in coffee and lunch dates, going on two months now. Again I want to thank everyone for being part of my reconnection. I look forward to seeing you back here now and then with tales of happy adventure and other musings on the good life. Carry on, comrades; stay healthy and grab whatever gusto you can find.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you finally got your life back.
    Gusto, baby, gusto!

    -mit

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.