For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Monday, February 27, 2012

What a difference a couple of weeks can make


1) Started amitriptyline for shingles/nerve pain two weeks ago. I felt better after just one dose! I owe this miracle to my sister-in-law Anne Koerber (who is always right; when she speaks you really ought to listen)and my Radiation-Oncology doc who took it upon himself to research shingles and called me directly to get me going on amitriptyline. (He is admittedly humbled by my sad radiation experience and is working to regain my confidence.)

2) A week ago today I had the dreaded CT scan to see if cancer lurked visibly anywhere in my torso. NOPE. I am at this time CLEAR of any visible signs of cancer. Can't ask for more than that!

3) Notable difference in my energy level and sleeping better, started workouts at the Y again -- and have been treating myself to massages to loosen up my left side after months of trying not to move. Also stretching to regain range of motion. I was probably a candidate for physical therapy, but as usual, I tend to slip through the cracks. 'Seem to be mastering it on my own and really don't want any more appointments.

4) My calendar shows 18 coffee dates down, 7 to go. Thanks to all for making my little "coming out" experiment a huge success. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating on air when I leave the coffee shop. It's so good to be connected again.

5) Next blog will be about my psychological journey over the past 10 months. What a trip it's been.

(The photo above represents a few of my favorite things. What's missing from the photo are Dirty Jobs, Downton Abbey, The Forsyte Saga and homemade ice-cream that I make in my 2HP blender.)

2 comments:

  1. Great you are felling better, Mary; and glad nothing new was found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! I am really so glad to hear this! Now we can count on stopping by for coffee when we travel up your way for a family reunion in Door County next August.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.