For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Friday, August 24, 2012

Getting Away


Greg and I took a little 7,000-mile drive this summer and stayed away from home for 5 weeks, 3 hours, and 15 minutes.

It's good to get away for a while. It sharpens your perspective and makes you realize that some of the things you deemed important on your own home ground were a good deal less so when looked at from a distance.

When I figure out what it is I now know that I didn't know before, I'll let you know . . .

2 comments:

  1. what the hell! Not much text for 7k miles! (or pics) (and that doesn't look like a Naples hat to me...)

    -mit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been waiting for your thoughts and photos of the adventures out west...thanks for throwing us a bone.
    :)
    Look forward to hearing what you now know....
    Your Neighbors

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.