For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Friday, November 2, 2012

New hobby, new me!

For those loyal followers who thought I dropped off the edge, here's a bit of braggadocio to bring you up to speed on life after my second recovery from cancer treatment.

I've discovered I love drawing pencil portraits. 'Took a class at the Thompson Center from Carole Leroy and have been filling every extra hour practicing ever since. This is a talent discovered just two months ago  that I'm sure will keep me busy the rest of my days. It is challenging, makes me focus, makes me forget my cares and those of the world. My first ever passion!

I'm posting in random order, not the order of my practicing. Maybe you can pick out the earliest and the most recent? Many of you have already seen these on Facebook, so apologies to you.

 My Aunt Agnes
 The daughter of a friend

My most difficult (son Josh); the one I want to try again.
 My buddy Paul
 Friend Mary, done on very undesirable paper. I learn everything the hard way. Don't use paper meant for architectural renderings.

 My grandson, also using the undesirable paper. Eager to do another of Simon.

 My lovin' husband who is happy I'm occupied and content these days.

 My daughter-in-law and grandson Sam.

 A quick and simple one of Katie. (Please give me a better head shot, Katie. I want to do another.)


 This is Georgia O'Keeffe.



My son Jake. 



3 comments:

  1. You a star!

    (You really capture the emotions so well.)

    - mit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Don't know what else to say. You have a real gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is OMG!!!

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.