For my blog entries back to 2007, click on "View my complete profile," scroll down, and click on "How did I do that?" (It's about my first bout of breast cancer.)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One More Cup of Coffee (a favorite Dylan tune heard today)

I have, after 12 coffee dates since last writing, established my favorite morning beverage to be camomile tea. Greg told me today that camomile tea has a side effect of drowsiness -- which may explain my erratic sleeping habits these days. My body wants to sleep during daylight hours and perks right up when I go to bed at night.

Coffee-date requests continue to dribble in, with eight more on the calendar in the upcoming weeks. It's been truly gratifying catching up with everyone. They definitely know my name at the Harmony Cafe. Thanks for giving me a better reason to get out of the house than JUST going to the pharmacy.

They know my name at my new pharmacy, too. I've been trying all manner of things to keep nerve pain at bay, stay awake during the day, sleep at night and get more of my life back.

Today we bought a good map of the United States. My goal is to be good enough by summer to put a few thousand miles on Greg's new truck. We're roughly thinking Grand Canyon, up the west coast, home through Wyoming. Let's hope my CT scan next Monday doesn't interfere with MY PLANS to make up for 2011.

Off to bed again. Looking forward to tomorrow's coffee date. I think I'll try some COFFEE in the morning and save the tea for evening.

NOTE: I've learned that comments left on this site often do not get published. If you've left a comment here and feel you've been ignored, this is very likely the case. Please E-mail me at booklady@tds.net next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or email me at mary.the.booklady@gmail.com if you prefer. Thanks.